The veteran Brisbane forward was poleaxed in a tackle during Australia’s Four Nations win over England in London in November. The injury required immediate surgery before he could be given the all-clear to fly home. Thaiday is back in the UK preparing for the Broncos’ World Club Series clash with Warrington on Saturday (Sunday AEDT) in what will be his first appearance since sustaining the injury at the London Olympic Stadium.Although he admits he was wary about his eye area and cheekbone when he returned to training last month, he is confident there will be no long-lasting mental effects from the injury.”I pulled out of the Auckland Nines and the NRL All Stars just to make sure my head was right more than anything,” Thaiday told AAP in London.”It was scary at the time when it happened and things do cross your mind about there being any long-term problems.”I had loads of tests as they have to tick every box and make sure everything’s OK around that eye area. Thankfully it’s all good now and I’m just ready to play some footy.”Thaiday is no stranger to playing in the UK with this being his eighth visit and the fourth time he has been involved in the World Club Series with the Broncos, who head north to Manchester on Thursday having spent the week training in London.”It’s a great week as this is a pre-season camp for us,” he said.”We didn’t get a chance to have one this year and being over here with a fairly strong squad is a great opportunity for us to get ready for Round 1.”We’ve brought pretty much our full-strength squad, Adam Blair is probably the only one that is not here that will start in Round 1.”We’re really serious about this game as it gives us a chance to get those combinations going.”The game will also be the first time since 2002 that the Broncos start their season without Corey Parker, who retired at the end of last season.”There’s a fair few hit-ups and a fair few tackles we have to replace with him not there,” Thaiday said.”We’ve some young guys coming through who are wanting to replace him.”Joe Ofahengaue has been a stand out, Herman Ese’ese, Tevita Pangai and Jai Arrow too.”They are putting their hand up to be one of those middle forwards.”You have to replace players all the time, retirement will happen to us all one day, but losing Corey is a huge hole to fill.”
Three of the Wallabies matchday 23 – Ned Hanigan, Sean McMahon and Curtis Rona – have never played against the All Blacks and close to half the team was not a part of last year’s Sydney debacle.Though Hooper maintained their focus was incredibly narrow heading into the Test, when asked if he let his thoughts wander to the idea of winning the trophy, he was honest.“This group’s come together this year to do something and what’s wrong with a dream? What’s wrong with a goal that everyone here wants to achieve?,” he said.“There’s nothing wrong with it and that’s what we should be aspiring to and wanting so everyone in our change room has that mentality.”McMahon will start at no. 8 for the Wallabies for the first time since last year’s Test against France, after missing the June Series with injury.Despite having 15 Tests to his name, McMahon has never been picked in a Bledisloe and coming off four weeks of tuning up, Hooper expects plenty from the 23-year-old.“He’s a damaging ball carrier, defender and he’s really worked on his game over the breakdown and in the breakdown,” he said.“I’ve been really impressed with how strong he is over the ball.“He goes absolutely hell for leather from the kick-off.“So, if he can give that for 60 minutes he’s going to make some real inroads into a quality New Zealand team.”Once McMahon and co come off in Sydney, the support of an experienced bench will be a nice luxury for the Wallabies, who have an average of 43 caps across the board on the pine this weekend.Though the All Blacks didn’t exactly pile on the points in that final 20 minutes of last year’s three encounters, their returns of three tries in the last quarter were game-sealing, with the Wallabies able to score just one try after 60 minutes, in the 78th minute in Sydney.“They are really good at that 60-minute mark of that continued pressure,” Hooper said.“They know their roles really well, and that’s their bench included.“Our bench hasn’t seen the enthusiasm in the last couple of games that we probably would’ve liked to have seen so picked a really strong bench, guys like Lopeti (Timani), (Sekope) Kepu in the front row and Tevita (Kuridrani) to come on.“Some guys to really up the tempo, up the enthusiasm and some really nice skill set and experience on the bench to close out a game.”
The injury means he will be unavailable for Origin II in Perth on June 23 and giving him little time to prove his fitness for the Holden State of Origin series finale in Sydney on July 10.Newcastle veteran Tim Glasby, Storm forward Christian Welch, Titans prop Jarrod Wallace and Sharks forward Kurt Capewell would be the main candidates to replace Ofahengaue on Queensland’s bench.Broncos halfback Thomas Dearden limped from the field at Suncorp Stadium early on Sunday with a syndesmosis injury. He will require scans to determine the severity of the injury but Broncos medicos believe the damage is not too serious and he they are hopeful he will only miss one or two matches.Meanwhile, Dragons coach Paul McGregor said his Origin trio of Paul Vaughan, Ben Hunt and Tyson Frizell would back up for Monday’s clash with the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.McGregor said they had been given a three-day break to freshen up after the representative clash and returned to training on Sunday ready to prepare for the tussle with the Dogs.Canterbury expect their lone Origin representative, Maroons prop Dylan Napa, to take his place in the team on Monday.The Cowboys had a double blow on Saturday night with forwards Jordan McLean (hamstring) and Mitch Dunn (shoulder) both leaving the field during the second half of their clash with Cronulla.Eels skipper Clint Gutherson suffered a concussion early in Saturday night’s clash with Cronulla.Wests Tigers veteran Benji Marshall copped a stray elbow to the eye and winger Mahe Fonua injured his foot in the heavy loss to the Raiders on Friday night.They will be monitored to determine the extent of the damage.South Sydney announced on their website that Tom Burgess will see a specialist on Tuesday over floating cartilage in his ankle. It will most likely mean surgery and he’ll be out for up to a month.His older brother Sam Burgess underwent scheduled clean-up surgery on his shoulder on Saturday – the morning after the 20-12 loss to the Knights. He will be sidelined for about five weeks.
Six men and four women teams from the four regions will be up for the challenge.Southern Region will have Koupa 2 and Koupa 3 for the men while women will be represented by PMSA.In the Momase region it will be the big guns Madang and LFA for the men’s and Lahi for the women.Madang has qualified as the runner-up for the Momase region after the Momase Regional Body found some technical errors for the participation of Situm Soccer Association in the Momase Regional leg.The Highlands will be represented by Hagen men and Goroka women while in the New Guinea Islands there will be defending champiosn Manus men and Kavieng Town Soccer Association women (KTSA).PMSA women who once clinched the title in 2013 and failed to participate in last year’s finals are now looking to bring the women’s title back to POM this year.All semi final matches will be played in both the Lae Football Association Park and Sir Ignatius Kilage Stadium while the grand final will played at Sir Ignatius Kilage Stadium.PNGFA general secretary Dimirit Mileng said the finals date had been moved forward due to the unavailability of the Kilage stadium on the earlier announced dates.He urges all teams qualified for the finals to prepare their travel arrangements before the date announced.
A crowd of over 200 turned up to watch the finals played in the blistering heat of the nation’s capital.The Panthers hit the lead after only the first minute when Angela Parao crashed over on the wing.Royals hit back twice in as many minutes and on the same wing with tries to Vero Waula and Naomi Kaupa.Unsuccessful conversions put the score at 8-4.The scores were tied at 8-8 thanks to Parao who scored her second for the game shortly before the half time whistle.Panthers wasted no time from the kick off in the second half as halfback Vasiti Meles worked her magic to get over the line.Just like Royals, the Panthers kicking game was off and an unsuccessful conversion left the score at 12-8.But Royals were not to be outdone and once again leveled up through Waula who bulldozed her way over to score her second try.Both sides tried desperately to break the deadlock but to no avail bringing the game into extra time.A try in the first half of extra time and the second half of extra time secured the win for Royals.A try right on the final whistle to the Panthers made no difference to the outcome.Royals will meet Souths in the women’s grand final.
The Hunters finished off the last round before the finals with a 34-4 thrashing of the Sunshine Coast Falcons at home at the National Football Stadium yesterday afternoon.Michael Marum’s men have finished in fourth place for the finals and will meet the fifth placed Falcons again this Sunday in the elimination final at home.Kick-off for the game is at 3pm.The other elimination final will be between the Townsville Blackhawks (3rd place) and the Easts Tigers (6th place).The Redcliffe Dolphins took out the minor premiership for this season and will play the Burleigh Bears in week two of the finals to book the first spot in the grand final.Chairman of the PNG Rugby Football League, Sandis Tsaka congratulated Hunters coach Michael Marum and the team for the collective effort this season to make the finals again and also secure a final at home.He described the Hunters achievement as one of the success stories of rugby league this year.
Rubén Duarte0.4 Beautiful12.5 Total102.7 Raúl de Tomástwenty-one NamePrice Álvaro Vázquez3 Borja Iglesias10 Marc Navarrotwo Vargas10.5 Oier1.5 Darder8 Jury1.5 NamePrice Didac0.25 Mamadou2.3 Cabrera9 Javi Fire0.75 Embarba10 Oscar Duarte1.15 Jordanone Roberto Jimenez3 Borja Iglesias28 Jordan (c. Future sale)2.4 PURCHASES SALES David Lopez4 In just three weeks, since the signing of Raúl de Tomás became official on January 9 until Oier Olazabal arrived, on the 31st, Chen has invested more in signings than ever, concentrating on just one market and just four players (the two mentioned, plus Adrián Embarba and Leandro Cabrera) almost 40 percent of the money that, since its landing in January 2016, had been used in reinforcements. And the most striking: four years later, Chen gets paid. The difference between your investment in incorporations, that now increases to 102, millions of euros, and Revenue from transfers, amounting to 92.63 million since last summer, it’s from 10.07 ‘kilos’.This is an exceptional behavior for an emergency situation (“Chen prefers to spend the money to stay than to go up,” Vice President Carlos García Pont explained on a couple of occasions). And this is how Espanyol has become the LaLiga team that has most invested in signings in this winter market, and surpassing the following one in more than ten million, Real Madrid and its 30 by Reinier Jesus. Anyway, surely this huge expense even enters the plans of the Chinese tycoon. Álvaro González4 Javi Fireone Baptistao7 Gerard Morenotwenty Aaron Martin9 Buying and selling in the Chen era As unperturbed as his pose, which hardly knocks down with a smile in his few public appearances (and null press conferences), he had been the policy of signings of Chen Yansheng in Espanyol. Fully fulfilled his already famous 50-40-10, consisting of reinvesting each sale half in a signing, 40 percent in repairing debt and one tenth in improving the club. Until, en the winter market that ended last Friday, the owner of Espanyol decided to throw the house out the window. Caicedo2.5 Pau (future sale clause)1.08 Baptistao6 Calero8 Naldo2.5 Piatti1.3 Chest0.7 Total92.63 Balance-10.07 It is no coincidence that, before the winter market, the Espanyol had a budget of 20.64 million (before taxes) for this year, a record higher than the sum of all the benefits of the last decade. This course is also exceptional in television, commercial income and, in general, all the derivatives of participating in the Europa League and of having Wu Lei on the roster. A mattress with which to face those signings unthinkable in any other season.Even so, Chen would not even get the accounts out after disbursing 41.5 million in three weeks, in a year in which he will also convert 50 million of the club’s debt with his company into shares. His unwavering policy of 50-40-10, once the sports situation is resolved, suggests that a sale will be made before the end of the exercise, on June 30. It has been and it will be.
One of the most popular measures to avoid becoming infected is the use of masks. We have already seen people wearing from the classic masks that surgeons usually use to more resistant ones that are used in harder jobs such as mining or construction. Using masks is a very good option to protect yourself from diseases, but not all of them are suitable to achieve it. The infectious disease specialist, William Schaffner, said that thin masks such as those used by surgeons are not designed to filter air particles, it is also possible that bacteria are introduced from the sides.There are masks that prevent 95% of contaminating particlesAccording to this specialist, the most recommended are masks with respirators N95 or higher, since they filter the air particles correctly. Moreover, the number that gives its name indicates that they prevent 95% of the contaminating particles from being inhaled.Although these masks are very effective, they can be very annoying and not all people are able to wear them for so long. In addition, there are other factors that can affect the functionality of these types of masks such as the beard. Whatever the disease, the best way to avoid getting it is by washing our hands, not touching our face frequently and not coming into contact with sick people. A couple of months ago the Chinese government warned of an outbreak of coronavirus. Currently the situation remains on alert since this virus has not yet been eradicated and even more cases have been found in other parts of the world. Masks are beneficial to avoid becoming infectedThe most recommended are masks with respirators N95 Image: iStock
The 17-year-old Canadian Leylah Fernández was ratified Wednesday as one of many guarantees of world tennis by defeating American Sloane Sthepens 6-7 (4), 6-3, 6-3, fifth favourite, on the Monterrey Open.Fernández, of Ecuadorian father and Filipino mom, took an ideal leap as knowledgeable final week when he reached the ultimate of the Acapulco Open and climb 64 steps in the rating. This Wednesday he got here from behind to entry the quarterfinals in Monterrey, north of Mexico.Within the first set the rivals maintained their service; Fernandez let go of a ‘set level’ in the twelfth recreation and paid for that as a result of he made a mistake whereas attacking the web in the ‘tie break’ with which the American made a mini break to go for the victory in the tiebreaker.One other was the story in the remainder of the encounter; with 78 p.c of factors earned with the primary service, ‘winners’ on the decisive time and impeccable service, Leylah, participant 126 of the WTA, pressed the 37 of the rating and risked till the service broke Within the seventh recreation. It was a blow to Sthepens, who misplaced focus and in addition misplaced his service in the ninth recreation earlier than a rival stuffed with vitality with a diverse tennis.Inspired, the Canadian got here to grab her second and determined to win with a break in the fourth ‘recreation’ that led her to victory.“I let go of alternatives in the primary set, however I calmed down and I may make my recreation from there; one other laborious recreation awaits me,” mentioned Fernandez, who will face the winner in the eight-best stage between Ukrainian Elina Svitolina, first seeded, and Danka Kovinic, from Montenegro, who will play this Thursday.This Wednesday the Swedish Rebeca Peterson, sixth favourite, beat 7-6 (2), 7-5 to Ukrainian Kateryna Bondarenko, whereas the Chinese language Yafan Wang, eighth preclassified, beat Australia’s Astra Sharma 7-6 (5), 4-6, 6-3.Bondarenko will play in the quarterfinals towards one of the best between American Lauren Davis and Dutch Arantxa Rus and Yafan Wang will problem the Czech Marie Bouzkova, who eradicated 6-4, 6-1 to the Slovak Anna Karolina Schmiedlova.Tomorrow will end the spherical of 16 of the event, which takes place on the laborious court docket with a prize pool of $ 275,000, of which the champion will take 43,000.
Football in Turkey was slow to stop, but pressure from the footballers forced a smart decision to be made that will surely avoid further risk of spread.“I hope everything improves. Thank God I’m fine, I feel fine. I would like to thank those who are calling and sending text messages, receiving their support makes us strong, “said the club’s vice president who meets his respective isolation.Galatasaray confirmed that both the leader and his wife are going through their sixth day of isolation and the symptoms have gradually decreased. Albayrak was key for Falcao’s arrival to the Turkish team, the vice president traveled to Monaco to close the negotiation and accompanied the Tiger on his trip to Istanbul to be introduced.Galatasaray’s top two rivals in Turkey, Fenerbahce and Besiktas, sent a message of support for the team’s vice president, demonstrating the solidarity that must be maintained in the face of this situation, which already claims more than 15 deaths worldwide. The Galatasaray coach, Fatih Terim, he announced on one of his social networks that he has tested positive for coronavirus. “Based on the results of tests conducted today, my COVID-19 result was positive. I am in good hands at the hospital. Don’t worry, “was the message the legendary 66-year-old Turkish coach wrote.It is not the only bad news in the Galatasaray environment. In the last hours since club vice president Abdurrahim Albayrak and his wife Şükran Albayrak., also underwent a positive coronavirus test. The two continue to recover from home without needing to be hospitalized. In Turkey, the pandemic has more than 1,200 co-signed cases and 30 deaths.