Ofahengaue out of Origin II

first_imgThe injury means he will be unavailable for Origin II in Perth on June 23 and giving him little time to prove his fitness for the Holden State of Origin series finale in Sydney on July 10.Newcastle veteran Tim Glasby, Storm forward Christian Welch, Titans prop Jarrod Wallace and Sharks forward Kurt Capewell would be the main candidates to replace Ofahengaue on Queensland’s bench.Broncos halfback Thomas Dearden limped from the field at Suncorp Stadium early on Sunday with a syndesmosis injury. He will require scans to determine the severity of the injury but Broncos medicos believe the damage is not too serious and he they are hopeful he will only miss one or two matches.Meanwhile, Dragons coach Paul McGregor said his Origin trio of Paul Vaughan, Ben Hunt and Tyson Frizell would back up for Monday’s clash with the Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium.McGregor said they had been given a three-day break to freshen up after the representative clash and returned to training on Sunday ready to prepare for the tussle with the Dogs.Canterbury expect their lone Origin representative, Maroons prop Dylan Napa, to take his place in the team on Monday.The Cowboys had a double blow on Saturday night with forwards Jordan McLean (hamstring) and Mitch Dunn (shoulder) both leaving the field during the second half of their clash with Cronulla.Eels skipper Clint Gutherson suffered a concussion early in Saturday night’s clash with Cronulla.Wests Tigers veteran Benji Marshall copped a stray elbow to the eye and winger Mahe Fonua injured his foot in the heavy loss to the Raiders on Friday night.They will be monitored to determine the extent of the damage.South Sydney announced on their website that Tom Burgess will see a specialist on Tuesday over floating cartilage in his ankle. It will most likely mean surgery and he’ll be out for up to a month.His older brother Sam Burgess underwent scheduled clean-up surgery on his shoulder on Saturday – the morning after the 20-12 loss to the Knights. He will be sidelined for about five weeks.last_img read more

BUSINESSMAN WHO CLAIMED HE WAS OWED €1MILLION FOUND GUILTY OF FRAUD

first_imgA Letterkenny man who claimed he was in line for a €1 million cash windfall has received a suspended jail sentence for lodging bogus cheques.James McErlane lodged almost €90,000 using two separate cheques with AIB bank from two other banks but did not have the cash to cover them.Instead he was able to draw down €6,725 on a laser card and used the cash to pay for meals, groceries and a luxury holiday to Egypt before being caught. McErlane of 48 Whitethorn Close, Letterkenny, appeared at Letterkenny Circuit Court on Tuesday and told Judge Donagh McDonagh he was due €1 million in investments in October.Judge McDonagh ordered McErlane to provide proof of the investment including the broker he had the investment with.However no such broker or documentary evidence was given in court today.Judge Donagh McDonagh found McErlane guilty of fraud and sentenced him to a two year suspended jail term.He also ordered him to pay back the AIB a total of more than €10,000 which now represents the original sum defrauded by McErlane as well as accumulated interest.Judge McDonagh orfered him to pay €100 per month and warned him not to miss any payments.He also ordered him to complete 140 hours community service.McErlane paid €3,000 in court.BUSINESSMAN WHO CLAIMED HE WAS OWED €1MILLION FOUND GUILTY OF FRAUD was last modified: May 3rd, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more