Twiston-Davies’ Ballyandy heads the weights in the Unibet Greatwood Hurdle.Second to Sceau Royal, who has franked the form since, in the Welsh Champion Hurdle on his first run of the campaign, he is giving upwards of 8lb to all his rivals.They include Alan King’s pair Edwardstone and Harambe, Tom Lacey’s Sebastopol, Paul Nicholls’ Thyme White and Sir Psycho and the sole Irish runner Tudor City.Ellison’s Cormier, Dan Skelton’s Proschema and the Olly Murphy duo of Hunters Call and Strong Glance are others fancied in a strong heat.Colin Tizzard’s promising The Big Breakaway is scheduled to have his first run over fences in the opening mallardjewellers.com Novices’ Chase. Defi Du Seuil faces five rivals as his bids for a second win in Cheltenham’s Shloer Chase.Philip Hobbs’ stable star is reappearing after a mysterious flop in the Queen Mother Champion Chase in March when it appeared he had been left with little more than a penalty kick following the late withdrawals of Altior and Chacun Pour Soi.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Nigel Twiston-Davies’ Riders Onthe Storm, so impressive in the Ascot Chase but a faller in the Ryanair, is yet another Grade One winner in attendance.Brian Ellison’s Forest Bihan reappears for the first time since winning last season’s Old Roan Chase at Aintree, with injury keeping him off the track, while Harry Whittington’s Rouge Vif is back at Cheltenham after an impressive win in a handicap last month.Duc Des Genievres, the Arkle winner in 2019 who is having his first run for Paul Nicholls, completes the field.- Advertisement – However, in just about the only disappointment for the now-retired jockey Barry Geraghty during the 2020 Festival, Defi Du Seuil never looked like winning at any stage and was only fourth to Politologue.Previously last season, Defi Du Seuil had won Sunday’s race – beating Politologue – the Tingle Creek and the Clarence House, taking his Grade One tally over hurdles and fences to seven.He faces last year’s impressive Arkle winner Put The Kettle On, from Henry de Bromhead’s yard, who won at this meeting 12 months ago and never ran again before the Festival.- Advertisement –
The FA’s inclusion advisory board (IAB), chaired by independent FA board member Heather Rabbatts, will look into Scudamore’s emails and the Premier League’s process in handling the case. Scudamore spoke of his “sincere contrition” after the clubs decided against any further disciplinary action and said he would hold a series of meetings across football’s administration to reassure them of his commitment to promote women in the game. Ouseley said: “The Prime Minister stated earlier today that he wouldn’t tolerate these types of comments in his own cabinet. A decision like this and the way it was made reflects the dominance, strength and culture at the very top of the football pyramid. Ouseley also claimed the Premier League’s process in dealing with Scudamore was “flawed”. Ouseley said: “Richard Scudamore is one of the most successful and powerful men in world football. The outcome of the proceedings into the revealed emails and their contents leaves the status quo intact. “The process adopted by the Premier League is a flawed one and there was only ever going to be one outcome. It is incumbent on the Premier League to put in place a proper, objective, fair and independent process for dealing with such important matters in future.” The row has gone to the very top of British politics, however, with Prime Minister David Cameron saying the sexist emails highlighted the need for people to treat others with respect. Cameron said he had not personally read the messages sent by Scudamore, but that high standards had to be maintained. Asked if a minister would survive in their job if they admitted sexist behaviour, he told BBC Radio 5 Live: “I don’t think they would. “I have to be careful what I say because I haven’t seen these specific emails, but…we have to set and keep high standards in politics. “I have tried to enforce that in my own party.” He added: “I haven’t actually seen the emails myself but obviously people should treat everybody else with respect.” West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady insisted Scudamore “is categorically not sexist”, but said she was disappointed to learn of the emails. The head of anti-discrimination group Kick It Out, Lord Herman Ouseley, said Cameron’s statements showed the need for change in football. A Football Association equality panel will meet on Tuesday to discuss the Richard Scudamore sexist emails case after the Premier League chief executive received full backing from clubs. Press Association
He said: â€œNo. no itâ€™s too early to say we are through to the playoffs; thereâ€™s still a long way to go. The games are still very wide open. As we speak for instance, we have not event watched Izobe play and every team is improving with each game. We are all new to the environment and you can see the way the games are changing.â€œItâ€™s too early to celebrate. We really desire the trophy and I am sure it is the same with every team here and we are all professionals. And so the stakes are high. Letâ€™s play more games and see all it goes.â€In the last games played on Sunday, YaoundÃ© Giants defeated Lagos City Stars 92-64. The shooting guard shot 11 points as the Cameroonian team won their second straight games.Giants will have their next match on Saturday when they take on Eko Kings who are ahead of all teams having won all three matches played so far.Giants will have their next match and quite a huge test on Saturday when they take on Eko Kings who are ahead of all teams having won all three matches played so far. The game which is the second of the two matches for the day, will take the jump ball at 7pm. Both sides have shown their hunger to win the competition which playing across three African cities of Lagos, YaoundÃ© and Libreville.On Tuesday, the Kings came off a slow start to defeated Libreville Izobe Dragons 86-77 in one of the most entertaining games of the tournament so far. Izobe who had good percentage shooting from in and outside the paint lost team in the last quarter as the Kings took over and held on the buzzer.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Captain of YaoundÃ© Giants, Christian Bayang, has said winning their first two games is not enough to get too confident about securing a playoffs spot in the Continental Basketball League.The tournament that has brought the best of African basketballers to Nigeria is holding at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in the Surulere area of Lagos.The Cameroonian who spoke through an interpreter said it was quite huge for them winning their two games but the calibre of the other teams makes the playoffs ticket a big work.