Twiston-Davies’ Ballyandy heads the weights in the Unibet Greatwood Hurdle.Second to Sceau Royal, who has franked the form since, in the Welsh Champion Hurdle on his first run of the campaign, he is giving upwards of 8lb to all his rivals.They include Alan King’s pair Edwardstone and Harambe, Tom Lacey’s Sebastopol, Paul Nicholls’ Thyme White and Sir Psycho and the sole Irish runner Tudor City.Ellison’s Cormier, Dan Skelton’s Proschema and the Olly Murphy duo of Hunters Call and Strong Glance are others fancied in a strong heat.Colin Tizzard’s promising The Big Breakaway is scheduled to have his first run over fences in the opening mallardjewellers.com Novices’ Chase. Defi Du Seuil faces five rivals as his bids for a second win in Cheltenham’s Shloer Chase.Philip Hobbs’ stable star is reappearing after a mysterious flop in the Queen Mother Champion Chase in March when it appeared he had been left with little more than a penalty kick following the late withdrawals of Altior and Chacun Pour Soi.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Nigel Twiston-Davies’ Riders Onthe Storm, so impressive in the Ascot Chase but a faller in the Ryanair, is yet another Grade One winner in attendance.Brian Ellison’s Forest Bihan reappears for the first time since winning last season’s Old Roan Chase at Aintree, with injury keeping him off the track, while Harry Whittington’s Rouge Vif is back at Cheltenham after an impressive win in a handicap last month.Duc Des Genievres, the Arkle winner in 2019 who is having his first run for Paul Nicholls, completes the field.- Advertisement – However, in just about the only disappointment for the now-retired jockey Barry Geraghty during the 2020 Festival, Defi Du Seuil never looked like winning at any stage and was only fourth to Politologue.Previously last season, Defi Du Seuil had won Sunday’s race – beating Politologue – the Tingle Creek and the Clarence House, taking his Grade One tally over hurdles and fences to seven.He faces last year’s impressive Arkle winner Put The Kettle On, from Henry de Bromhead’s yard, who won at this meeting 12 months ago and never ran again before the Festival.- Advertisement –
Arsenal forward Theo Walcott is keen to extend his stay with the Gunners, but is taking a relaxed view to contract negotiations. Press Association “My agent has talked to the club, I enjoy playing for this club so I am just letting them crack on with things and I’ll continue playing football,” Walcott told several national newspapers. “We’ll just play the waiting game and see what happens but I’m sure it won’t be long. This squad, for me, is one of the best I’ve been involved in. I want to be part of that.” When asked if he would be happy to let any talks carry on beyond the start of the new campaign, he said: “Definitely. It’s not in my thought process at all. You don’t want to dwell on it, you want to play well and if it happens it happens. “I won’t let that delay the way I’m going to be playing this season. I can’t let that affect me, I want to do well for this club.” Walcott was speaking after he scored the opening goal in Arsenal’s impressive 3-1 win over Everton to clinch the Barclays Asia Trophy in Singapore on Saturday. The Gunners were highly impressive throughout the contest and Walcott knows how important it will be for them to hit the ground running. “It’s my first pre-season for two years now so I want to work hard and get fit,” he added. “It’s a really exciting year for myself personally and I think this team can go very far. I’m always going to be judged on goals, I’ve been very happy with my goal record when given the opportunity. That is all I can do.” Walcott, who joined the north London club in 2006 when he was 16-years-old, believes Arsene Wenger’s side could be on the verge of something special after his goal helped them secure back-to-back FA Cup triumphs in May. The 26-year-old, who last penned a three-and-a-half-year deal 18 months ago, is planning to just focus on his football and getting a full pre-season under his belt.
WINDJAMMER International Cuisine and Comfort Inn yesterday handed over sponsorship to former Mr , Kerwin Clarke, to attend the 46th annual Central American and Caribbean Championships.Clarke, who will join the judges’ panel this time around instead of being on stage, believes that he is advancing his career nonetheless.“Unfortunately this year I won’t be competing on stage but I will be doing the judge’s part of the seminar which would be good on my credentials,” he said.He continued, “I want to be more involved and keep being involved in the sport of bodybuilding and keep boosting the sport of bodybuilding for the benefit of me, the new athletes and for the federation as a whole.”Meanwhile Clarke was thankful for the sponsorship given to him by the hotel and catering company, saying, “They are always on board as soon as I ask.”The event was scheduled to be held in Mexico next weekend but due to the recent earthquake there, the date had to be pushed back.
Leafs defenseman Morgan Rielly and Lightning forward Yanni Gourde were seen shouting while chasing the puck, with Riley appearing to look to referee Brad Meier, though no player or players have been named in the investigation.Warning: NSFW language.During tonight’s @TBLightning – @MapleLeafs game, microphones picked up a player using a homophobic slur seemingly directed towards a referee. Not entirely sure who the player was, but it seems like Morgan Rielly was that player based on reports.NSFW (around 6 seconds). pic.twitter.com/O0eI5KV5uQ— Hockey Daily (@HockeyDaily365) March 12, 2019″The NHL is aware of reports that a homophobic slur was used during the Maple Leafs-Lightning game,” the league said in a statement. “The League is investigating the incident and will have no further comment until this investigation is completed.” However, the probe found that Riley did not direct a homophobic slur at Meier.Statement from Senior EVP of Hockey Operations Colin Campbell on investigation of @TBLightning – @MapleLeafs game last night at Scotiabank Arena in Toronto. pic.twitter.com/R3j7n1oJt9— NHL Public Relations (@PR_NHL) March 12, 2019Maple Leafs general manager Kyle Dubas said the club is in touch with the league, adding “the issue of homophobia is one the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey Club strongly condemns and takes very seriously.”Toronto Maple Leafs general manager Kyle Dubas made the following statement this evening following their game versus the Tampa Bay Lightning: pic.twitter.com/o6RaA7zTQS— Leafs PR (@LeafsPR) March 12, 2019Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf was previously fined $10,000, the maximum under the CBA, after TV cameras caught him shouting an inappropriate remark. Canadiens winger Andrew Shaw was also fined $5,000 and suspended one game for directing a homophobic slur toward an official during a playoff game when he was a member of the Blackhawks. The NHL investigated the use of a homophobic slur during the Lightning’s 6-2 victory against the Maple Leafs on Monday.Television cameras at Scotiabank Arena picked up what sounded like a homophobic slur from an unknown player during the broadcast with 1:51 remaining in the second period.