Tennessee Department of Corrections(HENNING, Tenn.) — Police in Tennessee have issued a Blue Alert for an escaped inmate who is a person of interest in the homicide of a prison official.Curtis Ray Watson escaped from work detail at the West Tennessee State Penitentiary in Henning, Tennessee, about 50 miles northeast of Memphis, and should be considered armed and extremely dangerous, the Tennessee Department of Corrections said in a statement Wednesday.Watson fled the area on a tractor, which was later found about a mile from the facility, officials said.Watson, 44, is a person of interest in the homicide of Debra Johnson, 64, who was the West Tennessee administrator for the Department of Corrections, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI).Johnson, who was killed early Wednesday inside her home, which is located on the prison grounds, was employed with the state for the last 38 years.Her body was found at 11:30 a.m. and evidence at the scene indicated there was foul play, police said. A team of forensic scientists are investigating the scene of the death for evidence.“Rest assured that we will find this offender and bring justice to the family of Debra Johnson,” said Tony C. Parker, commissioner of the Tennessee Department of Corrections.After Johnson’s body was found, the facility was placed on lock down. Watson was found to be missing after a count of inmates was conducted, police said. Authorities do not know if Johnson had any prior contact with Watson.The TBI is working with agencies across the state to locate Watson and is asking the public to be on the lookout.“If you spot Curtis Watson, do not approach him. Call 911. He is to be considered dangerous,” said TBI Director David Rausch.In addition to the Blue Alert, Watson has been added to the state’s most wanted list.Over the course of her “distinguished” career, Johnson served in numerous positions including correctional sergeant, deputy warden, warden and correctional administrator, overseeing all prisons in the western region of the state, officials said.Copyright © 2019, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
Interpol is officially back with a new EP, A Fine Mess, due out May 17th.The follow-up to last year’s Marauder, the band’s first album since 2014, Interpol’s latest collection of music will feature five new songs including the previously released title-track, and today’s offering “The Weekend”. Listen to the new Interpol track below:Interpol – “The Weekend”[Audio: Interpol]A Fine Mess EP Tracklist:01. Fine Mess02. No Big Deal03. Real Life04. The Weekend05. ThronesView TracklistingIn support of their new 2018-2019 music, Interpol will embark on a world tour that includes festival appearances at Lollapalooza‘s Argentina, Brazil, and Chile events, All Points East Festival, Osheaga Festival, and Primavera Sound and a few dates alongside Sunflower Bean, Car Seat Headrest, and Foals. For more information on upcoming concerts and tickets, head to the band’s website.Interpol 2019 Tour Dates03/28 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Teatro Vorterix03/29 – Buenos Aires, AR @ Lollapalooza Argentina03/30 – Santiago, CL @ Lollapalooza Chile04/02 – Asuncion, PY @ Asuncionico04/05 – Bogota, CO @ Estereo Picnic04/07 – Sao Paulo, BR @ Lollapalooza Brasil04/09 – Lima, PE @ Domos Art05/01 – Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks #*05/02 – Kansas City, MO @ Arvest Bank Theatre %05/04 – Atlanta, GA @ Shaky Knees Festival05/05 – Charleston, SC @ North Charleston PAC05/07 – Jacksonville, FL @ Florida Theatre05/08 – St. Petersburg, FL @ Mahaffey Theater05/10 – Miami, FL @ Fillmore05/11 – Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live05/25 – London, UK @ All Points East Festival05/30 – Barcelona, ES @ Primavera Sound06/01 – Kvaerndrup, DK @ Heartland Festival06/02 – Hilvarenbeek, NL @ Best Kept Secret06/04 – Cologne, DE @ Palladium06/05 – Wiesbaden, DE @ Schlachthof06/07 – Porto, PT @ NOS Primavera Sound06/10 – Moscow, RU @ Adrenaline Stadium06/12 – Kiev, UA @ Green Theatre06/21 – Neuhausen ob Eck, DE @ Southside Festival06/23 – Scheeßel, DE @ Hurricane Festival06/25 – Leeds, UK @ O2 Academy06/26 – Brighton, UK @ Brighton Dome06/30 – Marmande, FR @ Garorock07/02 – Paris, FR @ L’Olympia07/04 – Belfort, FR @ Les Eurockeennes07/07 – Hérouville-Saint-Clair, FR @ Beauregard Festival08/02 – Montreal, QC @ Osheaga Festival* = w/ Sunflower Bean# = w/ Car Seat Headrest% = w/ FoalsView Tour Dates
Related Articles Submit Martin PrantnerSeeking to boost its licensing provisions, Finnish platform and white-label industry solutions supplier Finnplay has confirmed that it has gained a software operating licence from the UK Gambling Commission (UKGC).Updating the market, Finnplay management detailed that it had added UK betting industry software supplier certification to its existing UKGC ‘pool betting’ licence, thus being able to better service the world biggest betting market.Finnplay strengthens its licensing inventory, which currently includes the jurisdictions of Belgium, Bulgaria, Hungary, Malta, Mexico and Curacao. Martin Prantner, Chief Executive of Finnplay, commented on his firm gaining UKGC software certification“The UK market is without a doubt one of the biggest and longest-established licensed jurisdictions in the world, with exacting regulatory standards that are sound, rigid and trustworthy for both players and operators.“This will be a significant stepping stone for our company’s strategy of continued regulatory technical compliance and growth opportunities in which we can offer our customers an all-inclusive, serviced gaming product for the UK, with a full array of licensed products across the gaming spectrum including, betting, pool betting, and casino.” Veikkaus calls for early introduction of Finnish age verification measures August 28, 2020 StumbleUpon UKGC launches fourth National Lottery licence competition August 28, 2020 Share TVBET passes GLI test for five live games in Malta and Italy August 25, 2020 Share
The Premier League’s bid to restart the season in JuneLondon, United Kingdom | AFP | The Premier League’s bid to restart the season in June is in danger of being derailed by a heated debate between players about the risks of playing amid the coronavirus crisis.While Premier League chiefs believe completing the campaign is essential to safeguard the financial and sporting future of the game, some stars are not so convinced.AFP Sport looks at both sides of the row:“I’m not going to put my family at risk”Watford captain Troy Deeney has been one of the loudest voices against returning to the pitch so soon.Although the Premier League has agreed to fund regular testing for players and staff, there is no guarantee of keeping the virus at bay while vaccine trials remain in the early stages.Adding to Deeney’s concern, black and ethnic minorities are statistically more at risk of dying from the virus, leaving him adamant he will not gamble with his family’s life just to satisfy the desire for football to resume.“I’m not even talking about football at the moment. I’m talking about my family’s health,” Deeney said on Instagram.“I’m not going to put my family at risk. What are they going to do, take money off me? I’ve been broke before so it doesn’t bother me.“They’re talking about not playing in front of fans until 2021. So if it’s not safe enough for fans to be inside a stadium, why should it be safe for players to be in there?”Critics of Deeney’s view have noted that Watford were just outside the relegation zone on goal difference when the season was halted, so his club would clearly benefit from the season being abandoned.But Manchester City stars Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling have also raised concerns about restarting, while Newcastle’s Danny Rose, on loan from Tottenham, launched a furious rant about the situation.“Government is saying ‘bring football back’ because it is going to boost the nation’s morale. I don’t care about the nation’s morale, bro, people’s lives are at risk,” he said.“Football shouldn’t even be spoke about coming back until the numbers have dropped massively.”Like Deeney and other Premier League skippers, Norwich captain Grant Hanley took part in a conference call with the Premier League this week that reportedly saw numerous disagreements.“I think the overall feeling is that players have got concerns. There’s just so much uncertainty,” Hanley told Sky Sports. “Every team and player has got different views on it. Ultimately it’s putting your family at risk that is the main concern.”“Looking forward to playing again”In contrast to the anger expressed by some of his peers, England captain Harry Kane has preached a more moderate attitude.Tottenham striker Kane is ready to restart as long as player safety is the highest priority.“I think the majority of players are looking forward to playing again as soon as possible but we know we want it to be as safe as possible too,” Kane told British daytime TV show, Good Morning Britain.“Me personally, I am happy to start training in small groups if that is allowed and just trying to get back to some normality as soon as possible. I guess everyone is different and has their own personal view.”Even those willing to play, like Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham, have given their support with caveats.Abraham’s father has asthma and the England international does not want to put him in danger.“To go out on the pitch is a big thing for me. But my dad is asthmatic and the last thing I need is to catch the virus myself or be in contact with anyone with the virus,” Abraham said.“The Premier League and the Government have to come to a decision on whether or not it’s safe enough to play again and we take it on from there. I am ready to play tomorrow if it is safe.”Encapsulating the split in the ranks, former Manchester City midfielder Joey Barton claimed Deeney is acting out of self-interest.Barton, who is manager of League One side Fleetwood, tweeted: “If Troy doesn’t want to play or doesn’t feel safe enough to, then that’s his choice.“Let’s not kid ourselves about what is going on. Big money to be had in the Premier League, who wouldn’t want another year of that towards the end of your career? Got to admire the opportunism.“Squad on huge bonus for survival. No wonder they want it null and voided.”Share on: WhatsApp
Now Newell and the next eight players on the leaderboard will make up teams at the Bridgestone Challenge, the English leg of the European Challenge Tour, on Wednesday, 6 September. Tags: Bridgestone, Chase Your Dream Given the circumstances he decided to go for it and was rewarded with a two-putt birdie. Shortly afterwards he chipped in for a birdie two and his round was back on track. The other qualifiers are: Jacob Scargill (Hanging Heaton, Yorkshire) Neill Jonas (Tilgate Forest, Sussex), Kevin Madden (Walmley, Warwickshire), Michael Durkin (Hurlston Hall, Lancashire), Giles Puckle (Clandon Regis, Surrey), Sam Storey (Windlesham, Surrey), Barrie Harding (West Byfleet, Surrey) and Neil Garbutt (Masham, Yorkshire). Click here for full scores Today’s round did not start as planned. After three holes the 11-handicapper was five over par and “spraying the ball all over the place.” The turning point was the par five fourth, where Newell hammered a drive down the middle, leaving himself 220 yards to the pin. “I was really, really hoping to make the top nine and squeak through, but to actually win is off the scale,” added Newell. The 42-year-old tax consultant is an avid golfer and was highly motivated by the opportunities of the Chase Your Dream Trophy. “I liked the title of the trophy and when I saw the ultimate goal was to play in the pro-am of the British Masters, I just had to have a go.” 15 Aug 2017 Newell chases his dream with Trophy win He scored net 69 – three-under par – on the Bracken course at Woodhall Spa, where the final was played as part of England Golf Week, the annual celebration of the handicap game. They’ll be joined by nine players from the women’s final, which will be played on Friday, and the best of these teams will play with a star of the European Tour at the pro-am of the British Masters, supported by Sky Sports, on Wednesday, 27 September. Buckinghamshire’s John Newell made his dreams come true today when he was crowned England’s male handicap golfer of the year – and kept alive his hopes of a date with a star of the European Tour. “This is absolutely crazy, I can’t believe I have actually managed to win,” said Newell, the vice-captain at Hazlemere Golf Club, after his one-shot victory in the men’s final of the Bridgestone Chase Your Dream Trophy.
LATEST STORIES Gretchen Barretto’s daughter Dominique graduates magna cum laude from California college Gov’t to employ 6,000 displaced by Taal Sixers fans rose to their feet, erupted in cheers and chanted “Fultz! Fultz! Fultz!”Yes, a simple jumpshot from the top pick of the 2017 draft in the second game of the season was enough to get a rise out of the fans — and a sigh of relief from Fultz.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSJapeth Aguilar wins 1st PBA Finals MVP award for GinebraSPORTSGolden State Warriors sign Lee to multiyear contract, bring back Chriss“It makes me feel better for the whole crowd to feel as good as I want to,” Fultz said.The curious case of Fultz’s missing jumper continued against the Bulls when one of the more scrutinized players in the NBA managed to steal the spotlight from his more accomplished teammates with routine — yet highlight-reel worthy — baskets. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Tim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crown Fultz was 1 of 6 in 15 minutes in the first half and didn’t play again until late in the third and the Sixers leading by 88-68.“The challenge is to grow him and help us win the game,” Brown said. “There’s no book that tells you how to do that, so you’re going to have to figure some stuff out. There will be some pain along the way and some positives.”With or without Fultz, the 76ers had plenty of positives after an opening-night disaster in Boston.Simmons reached a triple-double with 2:34 left in the third, the 13th of his career and the first Sixer to ever get one in the home opener. Sixers fans chanted “Trust the Process!” when Embiid ended the third with free throws.Fultz proved a long-range ace again in the fourth — this time with a 3! He drained his first career 3-pointer for a 108-88 lead and the Philly fans that are firmly perched in his corner went wild and again chanted his name.The Sixers know that if they want to become legitimate Eastern Conference contenders, Fultz will have to become the star they envisioned when they drafted him.“I’m never afraid,” Fultz said. “I worked hard this summer. Tonight, I didn’t make a lot of them, but I’m going to keep shooting them. If I see an open shot, I’m going to go shoot it.”He didn’t even mind when Chicago’s defense sagged off him, daring him to take shots. The Bulls, not expected to win much in the East, scored a combined 35 points in the second and third quarters. Zach LaVine led the Bulls with 30 points in their season opener.“When we started missing shots, we stopped guarding and rebounding,” Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg said.TIP-INS Allen Durham still determined to help Meralco win 1st PBA title Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil MOST READ Bulls: G Kris Dunn missed the game for the birth of his son. … Bobby Portis had 20 points and 11 rebounds.76ers: Rapper Meek Mill sat courtside and rang the ceremonial Liberty Bell to start the game. … Embiid thanked the fans for coming and told them to “Trust the Process.”1ST Q & NO DEmbiid scored 12 points in the first 5 minutes of the game and neither team missed many looks in the first quarter. The Sixers made 11 of their first 14 shots and the Bulls started 14 of 19. The 76ers shot a whopping 70 percent in the quarter and still trailed the Bulls 41-38.UP NEXTBulls: Play home opener Saturday against Detroit.76ers: Host Orlando on Saturday.Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Until he gets his shot right, Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid will continue to lead the Sixers.Simmons had a triple-double with 13 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists and Embiid had 30 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Philadelphia 76ers past the Chicago Bulls 127-108 on Thursday night.Fultz scored 12 points on 5 of 15 shooting, the most shots taken by a Sixer.“He shot it to mean it,” coach Brett Brown said. “He didn’t look afraid of anything. He missed the shots but they looked good.”Fultz is coming off a miserable rookie season that was shortened because of a right shoulder injury, a broken shot and busted confidence. Even his personal shooting coach said Fultz suffered from the “yips,” an assertion shot down on media day by the second-year guard. Fultz simply blamed his lost season on the injury. Brown tried to give Fultz a confidence boost by putting him in the starting lineup — yet has benched him for the start of the second half.ADVERTISEMENT View comments Japeth Aguilar embraces role, gets rewarded with Finals MVP plum Blazers spoil James’ debut with 128-119 win over Lakers Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Philadelphia 76ers Ben Simmons, right of Australia, goes up for the shot with Chicago Bulls Zach LaVine, left, defending during the first half of an NBA basketball game, Thursday, Oct. 18, 2018, in Philadelphia. The 76ers won 127-108. (AP Photo/Chris Szagola)PHILADELPHIA — Markelle Fultz heard 20,000 Philadelphia 76ers fans exhort him to shoot each time he touched the ball, a roaring confidence boost for a No. 1 pick closer to a bust than brilliance.Fultz had the look he wanted in the second quarter. He dribbled to the foul line without a defender in his path, pulled up and uncorked a jumper. The ball rattled around the rim before it fluttered through the net.ADVERTISEMENT Will you be the first P16 Billion Powerball jackpot winner from the Philippines?
West Brom and Stoke City target Dieumerci Mbokani 1 Lokomotiv Moscow are in pursuit of West Brom and Stoke City target Dieumerci Mbokani, who has his heart set on a move to England.The Russian capital club want a new striker and have identified DR Congo international Mbokani, who is on the books at Dynamo Kiev, as their primary transfer priority.Lokomotiv have already made preliminary enquiries and reports in Russia claim officials from the club will head to Ukraine soon to try to thrash out a deal with their Dynamo counterparts.Mbokani joined Dynamo from Anderlecht last summer and ended his maiden season in Kiev with 13 goals from 25 league matchesThe 28-year-old, who has previously spent time at Standard Liege, Monaco and Anderlecht, is keen on a move to the Premier League but admits he is more likely to end up in Turkey, Russia or Spain.“I really want to leave Kiev because it will be better for my family,” he is quoted as saying in Russian newspaper Izvestia.“This is due to political problems, as well as my desire to play in a stronger league. I think I’m ready to play in the Premier League, but now I only have contacts in Turkey, Russia and Spain.”