If you’ve ever admired the beauty of Planet Earth or Blue Planet, then there’s a good chance you’ve dreamed about having your life narrated by Sir David Attenborough, the 91-year-old British naturalist who lends his exquisite voice to these acclaimed documentaries. And since you’re not a humpback whale or a bird of paradise, it’s safe to assume that this will never happen.Fortunately, some enterprising music fans in the UK have created the next best thing by combining stately narration and high-production value nature documentaries with another British pastime: the rave. Known as David Attenborough’s Jungle Boogie, the traveling event puts on “a tribute to our national treasure through the medium of Disco.”The all-night dance party recently sold out its first two editions in Leeds and Liverpool, and high demand has inspired the organizers to book at least ten follow-ups in places like Bristol, Cambridge, Oxford, and Manchester. At the events, attendees have an opportunity to take photos with a life-size cutout of Sir David Attenborough, dance to music that has been remixed with samples of Attenborough’s glorious narrations, and watch some of the BBC’s most cherished nature footage. Additionally, a portion of the proceeds from the parties goes to World Land Trust, a rainforest conservation organization that has worked with Attenborough.“The concept of ‘Jungle Boogie’ is that we transform a venue into a rainforest, play Blue Planet visuals on a projector, and get local DJs to play House, Disco, Funk, and Soul,” organizer Louis Jadwat told The Independent.While Sir David Attenborough’s voice may be a distinctly British treat, his work is enjoyed by plenty of Americans as well. Much like the migrating sea creatures of Blue Planet and Blue Planet II, we hope this event eventually makes its way across the ocean.[H/T – MixMag]
Senior health ministry official Hugo Lopez-Gatell told a separate news conference that one of the men, a 35-year-old in the capital, “has a mild, mild illness” with symptoms “similar to that of a cold”.”He is a young individual and so he is at very low risk,” he said.The patient and five members of his family have been isolated at the National Institute of Respiratory Diseases, Lopez-Gatell added.The second case, a 41-year-old man who returned from Bergamo in Italy, is in isolation at a hotel in Sinaloa after being tested by regional authorities, officials said. Topics : Mexico’s health ministry said the country has confirmed three cases of the coronavirus, becoming the second Latin American nation reached by the global outbreak.The three men — two in Mexico City and one in the northern state of Sinaloa — are all believed to have visited northern Italy, the epicenter of the virus in Europe.”Probably all three were infected from the same source. All three are imported cases,” Jose Luis Alomia, general director of epidemiology at the Ministry of Health, said at a press conference Friday. A 59-year-old man in Mexico City who also visited northern Italy is the third case but authorities did not say whether he had been hospitalized.Italy has recorded 650 cases of the coronavirus and 17 deaths across cities in the north.In Mexico, two more, suspected cases are under analysis in the central state of Guanajuato and one in northwestern Durango.”It is not a national or health emergency,” Lopez-Gatell said, urging Mexicans to remain calm and not panic-buy protective items such as masks.Mexico is the second Latin American nation to confirm coronavirus infections after Brazil said it had a case on Wednesday. More than 50 countries have now reported cases worldwide.The virus has infected more than 85,000 people and over 2,900 have died — mostly in China where the epidemic started.
A meeting has been called by residents following an application for a large wind farm in the heart of Gaoth Dobhair.Galway based company Lir Energy Limited have applied to Donegal County Council for an 85m high Wind Turbine on lands near the former Comer Yarns buildling on the Gweedore Business Park.Local residents have now called a meeting in Leabharlann Ghaoth Dobhair on the Gweedore Business Park for Wednesday, 16th November at 7pm. Public meeting called after large wind farm proposal for Gaoth Dobhair was last modified: November 14th, 2016 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)