Veteran Boxing promoter Frank Warren has warned Nigeria born British pugilist Anthony Joshua against rushing to accept fresh fight especially one with lower stake only few weeks after re-claiming his titles. The 30 year old Olympic Super-heavyweight Gold medallist he noted stands a better chance of sealing a bigger fight against either Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury in the near future if he kept his cool while relishing his impressive comeback. Warren who represents the Gypsy King, insists that a fight with either WBC champion Wilder or lineal champion Fury would be easier to make if Joshua did not have the issue of boxing organisations ordering him to fight mandatory challengers ‘If I was Anthony Joshua I wouldn’t fight again until we know the winner of this fight (between Wilder and Fury) Warren told the Telegraph. ‘I’d let them strip me of my titles, and not fight anybody until the big one.’ Warren shared his concerns regarding the possibility of Joshua, the current WBA, WBO and IBF champion, facing Kubrat Pulev, the IBF mandatory challenger, in Spring next year. The 67-year-old advised that the Briton would be better off avoiding the potential banana skin that the Bulgarian poses, and focus on sealing the deal with Wilder or Fury – who are set to step in the ring once again for a highly-anticipated rematch on February 22. Frank-Warren -Nobody is interested in sparring FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Joshua has set up a mammoth 2020 of heavyweight boxing after winning back the belts he lost to Andy Ruiz Jr in New York this summer. Joshua who recently took time out to visit mentally and physically challenged person in a hospital in Lagos schooled the Mexican heavyweight in Saudi Arabia, winning the much talked rematch comfortably. The fight which took place December 7 saw many of his fans across the globe glued to television and other medium to take in minute by minute account of the encounter. Warren had previously declared that boxing fans would want to see Joshua battle Tyson Fury in the ring and not in the Gym when it was reported that Joshua was toying with the idea of sparring Tyson Fury. Read Also Anthony Joshua hungry to unify heavyweight division He said “Who cares about them sparring each other? We want to see them fight. ‘This sparring session will never happen. What’s the point of it? It’s about them in the ring together being watched by paying punters, not in the gym.’ Loading… Promoted ContentWorld’s Most Delicious Foods8 Superfoods For Growing Hair Back And Stimulating Its Growth9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Reasons Why You Might Want To Become A Vegetarian7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchTarantino’s Latest Effort Will Probably Be His Best To Date10 Hyper-Realistic 3D Street Art By Odeith7 Black Hole Facts That Will Change Your View Of The UniverseBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeA Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day
Loading… Jose Mourinho says Troy Parrott has to ‘work a lot’ to improve and feels the Tottenham teenager’s ineffective outing against Norwich shows he was right to leave him out of the side for so long. There were loud cheers from supporters when the 18-year-old came off the bench at the start of extra-time in Wednesday’s FA Cup fifth-round tie, though he struggled to make an impact as the match went to a penalty shootout. The Portuguese coach feels the teenager’s quiet outing justified his doubts The Republic of Ireland youngster bravely stepped up to take Spurs’ fourth penalty, which was saved by Tim Krul, with Gedson Fernandes’ effort also stopped as Tottenham limped out of the competition. While Mourinho defended Parrott over his penalty miss, he was quick to point out that the young striker had not impressed in his cameo appearance and is still not ready for a bigger role in the side despite the clamour from fans to see more of him. Speaking to BBC Sport, Mourinho said of Parrott: ‘The penalty is nothing. He is a penalty taker in the under-23s, he scores every one in the unders. ‘He was so confident, he wanted to take one, he wanted to take the responsibility, it’s an experience in his career. ‘The problem is not his experience. The problem is the 30 minutes. ‘Now people can see that he has to work a lot so don’t think that Parrott is the second Harry Kane because he’s just a young kid that needs to work. ‘Let’s forget the penalty because we all miss the penalties, it was not Troy.’ Mourinho says his attackers are being run into the ground Read Also: Dier confronts fans in the stand as Tottenham crash out of FA Cup Parrott was only involved because Tottenham’s squad has been stretched to breaking point with injuries and Mourinho says the club cannot put out their strongest team against both Burnley at the weekend and RB Leipzig in midweek. He continued: ‘In this moment I have to think about what’s next and I have to speak to my club because I think some of these boys to have a chance to fight Tuesday for a Champions League position they just can’t play on Saturday. ‘Particularly in forward positions, behind we’ve got options but not going forward.’ FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享
MORE: First-round grades for the NFL DraftAfter negotiations that were rumored for months, Rosen was eventually dealt to the Dolphins on Friday for a second-round pick and a fifth-round selection in 2020. Rosen even ended the minute-long video on a lighter note, telling Murray: “An awesome two-bedroom in Old Town (Scottsdale) just came on to the market, so let me know if you are interested and I think I can get you a pretty good deal.” Josh Rosen ended his short-lived Cardinals tenure with a classy gesture on Saturday.The new Miami Dolphins quarterback took to Twitter on Saturday to post a video thanking the Cardinals for the opportunity and expressing his excitement to be playing in South Florida. Thank you @AZCardinalsHello @MiamiDolphins pic.twitter.com/yNb81On0dD— Josh Rosen (@josh3rosen) April 27, 2019″Hey everyone, just wanted to say a couple of things after everything that just happened,” Rosen said. “Cardinals fans, thank you so much for all of the continued support this past year. I know we didn’t win as many games as we all would have hoped, but I had an unbelievable time in the desert.”Rosen has had a tumultous last couple of days after the Cardinals selected Kyler Murray, No. 1 overall in the NFL Draft on Thursday, effectively signaling that they were moving on from Rosen. That was followed by NFL analyst Steve Smith going on a viral rant against Rosen for his work ethic after the quarterback had unfollowed the Cardinals on multiple social media platforms.