The Floozies And Cherub Announce Co-Headlining Winter 2017 Tour

first_imgBeloved electrofunk groups The Floozies and Cherub will be joining forces for a major tour in 2017! Dubbed “Your Girlfriend Already Bought Tickets” tour, the two groups will travel across the country from February 7th through March 3rd, hitting venues in the Midwest and all along the East Coast. The 19 date affair is sure to keep fans dancing well into the night, as both bands always bring the boogie!The bands will be supported by Probcause for the first half of the tour, and Freddy Todd for the second half. You can see the full tour schedule below, and head to The Floozies’ or Cherub’s websites for details.last_img read more

Indonesia to test more people for COVID-19

first_imgThe Health Ministry has said it will now assign its regional labs to test people suspected of carrying the novel coronavirus amid concerns that it has not been proactive enough in detecting infected people to prevent its spread.The ministry, which is spearheading the battle against the lethal virus, previously insisted that only its Jakarta-based Health Research and Development Agency (Balitbangkes) be authorized to conduct throat swab tests and announce the result.The policy change was made after President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Monday that two Indonesians, known as Case 1 and Case 2, had been diagnosed with the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The patients, a mother and her daughter, are believed to have contracted the virus after the latter interacted with a Japanese COVID-19 patient who visited Jakarta last month.“With the first confirmed cases, we need to be able to respond faster. The tests will no longer be done in Balitbangkes only,” said the Health Ministry’s disease control and prevention directorate general secretary, Achmad Yurianto, who has been appointed as the spokesman for the handling of the virus outbreak.Read also: COVID-19: ‘People don’t need to stockpile everyday items’, Jokowi says amid panic buying spreeEnvironmental, health and technology centers (BTKL) in 10 cities — Batam, Medan, Palembang, Makassar, Manado, Ambon, Jakarta, Yogyakarta, Surabaya and Banjarmasin — have been chosen to conduct the tests. The labs will only conduct a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test, which is used to determine whether someone has contracted Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus that causes COVID-19, Achmad said. Only Balitbangkes, he added, had the capability to conduct a gene sequencing analysys to identify the virus infecting a suspected patient if they were declared negative for coronavirus.“We will send supervisors to these centers. Now a specimen from Ambon no longer needs to be sent to Jakarta,” Achmad said.Officials will now test not only those showing COVID-19 symptoms and having recently traveled to countries affected by the virus outbreak such as China, South Korea and Iran but also those having had contact with coronavirus-positive people even though they show no symptoms.Many parties, including scientists and foreign governments, have cited the lack of tests as the primary reason Indonesia, one of the top tourist destinations for people in Wuhan, the Chinese city from which the animal virus first infected humans, could have been underreporting cases.The government has only tested samples of 155 suspected patients across the country, two of which have come back positive. For comparison, as of March 2, South Korea, which has the most COVID-19 patients outside China, has performed 109,591 tests.While it has decided to change its testing policy, the government has refused to establish a special independent committee to handle the health crisis, as demanded by a number of health experts.“There is no need for a new organization. Too much structure is confusing,” Achmad said.Doubts linger over whether the Health Ministry alone is capable of handling the crisis, or is proactive enough to detect patients, which is crucial to prevent the virus from spreading.Critics have questioned whether the ministry had been proactive in tracing people who have had contact with foreign nationals who tested positive for coronavirus and are known to have traveled to Indonesia.Health Minister Terawan Agus Putranto initially claimed that the government had proactively traced Case 1, a 31-year-old woman, after being notified by Malaysia that a Japanese COVID-19 patient had visited Indonesia. He then clarified that it was the woman herself who came to the hospital to have herself checked after being informed by her friend about the Japanese woman.Achmad has dismissed such concerns, saying the government was now tracing 50 people of different nationalities who went to a restaurant where Case 1 met with the Japanese patient. “We’ve got three names. It’s not easy because the patient did not have a close relation to these people.”On Tuesday, President Jokowi called on the Indonesian people to remain calm and respect the COVID-19 patients’ privacy following his announcement of the first two confirmed cases of the disease.“The fact is that most of the patients — including those in China, Japan, Italy and Iran — have been able to recover from the disease. So we don’t have to fret but we should remain vigilant,” he said, adding that hospitals treating the patients should avoid disclosing their private information.Bayu Krisnamurthi, who headed the National Committee for Avian Flu Control and Pandemic Preparedness (Komnas Flu Burung), said the country must work together to contain the virus.“We are no longer preventing the novel coronavirus from entering the country. We should now focus on containing its spread. There must be a special authority to handle this,” Bayu told The Jakarta Post on Monday.The special committee will have the authority to coordinate between related institutions. “The core issue is national health, but that’s not the only one. It involves many things: transportation, industries, scientific institutions, regional administrations and more. We need to have an authority that is specifically assigned to this, working full time to handle this because coronavirus is not a usual thing,” he said. (aly)Editor’s note:The article has been updated to clarify Achmad Yurianto’s statement on the authority of Balitbangkes.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Lagos City Marathon: Tinubu Merit Award, Media Seminar hold Friday

first_img Promoted ContentWhy Do So Many Digital Assistants Have Feminine Names & Voices?5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti11 Most Immersive Game To Play On Your Table Top8 Things You Didn’t Know About CoffeeWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?10 Extremely Dirty Seas In The WorldCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayWhat Happens When You Eat Eggs Every Single Day?The Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More10 Most Evil Female Characters In Disney Movies8 Scenes That Prove TV Has Gone Too Far The 2020 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon Ayodeji Tinubu Merit Award and Media Seminar which would herald the 2020 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon will hold at the Sir Molade Okoya Thomas Indoor Sports Hall, Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos on Friday. According to a statement issued by Olukayode Thomas, Head of Communications and Media for the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon said the 2020 edition of the Lagos race is a landmark hence the decision to recognise some outstanding individuals and groups that have contributed to make the race the biggest one-day event in Africa. “This is a landmark year for the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon, our 5th edition, and we are very proud of what we have been able to do just within five years” “While we are grateful to everyone for all the support we have gotten in these five years, we have shortlisted nine people that have contributed in no small measure to this success story and we will be acknowledging them at the Access Bank Lagos City Marathon Ayodeji Tinubu Merit Award on Friday” Thomas statedAdvertisement Thomas added that there will also be a seminar for journalists on Friday also at the Sir Molade Okoya Thomas Indoor Sports Hall where accreditation tags would be distributed and a session to intimate those in the media all that is expected from them on race day. “We are going to be having a session with the media on Friday, the accreditation and the media guide will be distributed during the seminar where we would let everyone know the dos and don’ts for this year’s race” read also:Lagos City Marathon: Media Accreditation Gets New Deadline Over 100, 000 runners will be taking part in the 2020 Access Bank Lagos City Marathon billed for Saturday, February 8. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… last_img read more